To apply for participation in the SIBS program, please do the following:
Please note that you have to be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to apply. The program will be held in person from June 10 to July 19, pending funding support.
- Complete the Online Application Form by March 15. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis, so students are encouraged to submit before this deadline. The application requests (i) a list of your honors and awards, (ii) a description of your prior experience with statistics, and (iii) a personal statement indicating your reasons for wanting to participate in SIBS and your possible career goals. You may wish to compose these first and then cut and paste them into the required fields.
- If you are an undergraduate student, arrange for an unofficial copy of your current undergraduate transcript(s) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (919) 515-7591.
- If you are a graduate student, arrange for an unofficial copy of your current graduate transcript to be sent as noted above. Please also send an unofficial copy of your undergraduate transcript(s) by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (919) 515-7591.
- If you are an undergraduate student, send a copy of the report of your SAT or ACT scores* you received from the College Board or ACT by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (919) 515-7591, or by regular mail to the SIBS Program Manager at the address below. If you are a graduate student and took the GREs, please send a copy of the report of your scores; if you did not take the GREs, please send a copy of your SAT or ACT scores. If you are an undergraduate student and have taken the GREs, please send these scores instead of those for the SAT/ACT. For any of these scores, we DO NOT need an official report sent directly from the College Board or ACT. The report sent to you by the College Board or ACT is fine; if you have it as hard copy you can photocopy it and mail it to us, fax it to us, or scan it. If your parents have it, you may ask them to send it. Alternatively, if you have your report in electronic form, you may e-mail it to us. If you can access your report at the College Board or ACT website, a screen shot or pdf of the online report is also fine; please e-mail it to us.
- Arrange for two (2) letters of recommendation* to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 919-515-7591, or by regular mail to the SIBS Program Manager at the address below. At least one letter should be from a professor who served as your instructor in a college- or graduate-level course. The other letter may be from a professor or from a person who knows you through other activities (e.g., high school teacher, clergy, piano teacher, etc).Address for materials sent by regular mail:
SIBS Program Manager
Department of Statistics
NCSU Campus Box 8203
2311 Stinson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695
- For administrative questions about applying for the Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics or about your application please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about program content, please contact Herle McGowan at email@example.com.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in this application process or in the program itself, please contact Christine Twining (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: (919) 515-1944; fax:(919) 515-7591) between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm EST.