Unfortunately the SIBS program for summer 2020 has been canceled. This is a decision all SIBS sites reached together, as each of our campuses face shut-downs or reduced operations due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Given the uncertainty surrounding the situation, we felt it was best to give students advanced notice in hopes you could pursue other opportunities for this coming summer.
To apply for participation in the SIBS program, please do the following:
- Complete the Online Application Form. The application requests (i) a list of your honors and awards, (ii) a description of your prior experience with statistics, and (iii) a personal statement indicating your reasons for wanting to participate in SIBS and your possible career goals. You may wish to compose these first and then cut and paste them into the required fields.
- If you are an undergraduate student, arrange for an official copy of your current undergraduate transcript(s) to be sent by regular mail to the SIBS Program Manager (see below). To expedite processing of your application, you may in addition send an unofficial copy by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (919) 515-7591. If you are a graduate student, arrange for an official copy of your current graduate transcript to be sent as noted above. Please also send an unofficial copy of your undergraduate transcript(s) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (919) 515-7591.
- If you are an undergraduate student, send a copy of the report of your SAT or ACT scores you received from the College Board or ACT by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to (919) 515-7591, or by regular mail to the SIBS Program Manager at the address below. If you are a graduate student and took the GREs, please send a copy of the report of your scores; if you did not take the GREs, please send a copy of your SAT or ACT scores. If you are an undergraduate student and have taken the GREs, please send these scores instead of those for the SAT/ACT. For any of these scores, we DO NOT need an official report sent directly from the College Board or ACT. The report sent to you by the College Board or ACT is fine; if you have it as hard copy you can photocopy it and mail it to us, fax it to us, or scan it. If your parents have it, you may ask them to send it. Alternatively, if you have your report in electronic form, you may e-mail it to us. If you can access your report at the College Board or ACT website, a screen shot or pdf of the online report is also fine; please e-mail it to us.
- Arrange for two (2) letters of recommendation to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 919-515-7591, or by regular mail to the SIBS Program Manager at the address below. At least one letter should be from a professor who served as your instructor in a college- or graduate-level course. The other letter may be from a professor or from a person who knows you through other activities (e.g., high school teacher, clergy, piano teacher, etc).Address for materials sent by regular mail:
SIBS Program Manager
Department of Statistics
NCSU Campus Box 8203
2311 Stinson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695
- For administrative questions about applying for the Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics or about your application please send email to email@example.com. For questions about program content, please contact Herle McGowan at (919) 515-0634 or firstname.lastname@example.org.In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in this application process or in the program itself, please contact Tenille Naumann: voice: (919) 515-1944; email: email@example.com; fax:(919) 515-7591 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Eastern time.