A minor in statistics is an excellent complement to majors in a wide range of fields. The minor program helps students learn to use statistical methods to summarize information and solve real-world problems.
View more information about minor program requirements.
Introductory Statistics (choose one)
- ST 305 Statistical Methods (4 credits)
- ST 311, ST 350, ST 361, ST 370 or ST 380 and ST 312 Introduction to Statistics II (6 credits)
- ST 371 Introduction to Probability and Distribution Theory and ST 372 Introduction to Statistical Inference and Regression (6 credits)
Intro to Statistical Programming in SAS
- ST 307 Introduction to Statistical Programming-SAS (1 credit)
- Choose ST electives at the 400 level to make a total of 16 credits for the minor
After completing one of the courses in the Introductory Statistics list with a grade of B- or above, students are encouraged to submit the Minor Declaration form. Due to high demand, students should allow at least three semesters to complete the electives after declaring the minor. All course grades must be a C or above.
The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. Students should enter a certification request electronically when submitting their graduation application.
5276 SAS Hall