Programs for Current Students
- Master of Statistics — The Master of Statistics can be added as an additional degree to any other graduate program. If admitted, this student would remain “in” their current program, but add this degree to their curriculum.
- PhD Co-Major — The student must satisfy the requirements for a Ph.D. in both departments.
Requests for admission to major or co-major programs in the statistics department will be evaluated once per semester, not on a rolling basis. The deadlines for these evaluation cycles are January 31 and October 15. To make a request, send an email to the Statistics Graduate Services with the following information:
- Student ID number
- Current program and status (e.g., 2nd year Ph.D. student in Forestry)
- Projected date of graduation
- Short (less than one page) personal statement about why you want to do the en route/co-major/transfer
- Two reference letters on your potential as a Statistics graduate student should be submitted by your referees directly to Statistics Graduate Services
Students who are currently enrolled at NC State do not need to pay an application fee or have official transcripts or scores sent, unless those scores were not sent during the original application process (e.g., GRE or TOEFL scores). After receiving the request, the Statistics DGP will request information from the DGP of your current program to make an admission decision. Note that this means that your current program will be made aware that you have made the request. If the admission decision is positive, both the Statistics DGP and DGP of your current program will need to approve the admission or transfer.